With no ongoing government funding, we rely on your generosity to continue our work. Visit the WYC Monday to Saturday from 5pm to 10pm to understand first-hand how your donations provide relief, comfort, and pleasure to some of the most underestimated young people in Windsor-Essex. Your donations provide much needed support in many areas.
Donate in-person, or donate online! A few dollars goes a long way at the WYC – A donation of $2.50 can provide a bus ticket for a youth who needs to go to the doctor, view an available apartment, make it to school the next day, or just get home on a rainy night!
- A donation of $3 provides bus transportation for a youth to a doctor's appointment or job interview
- A $25 donation can provide emergency groceries for a young family.
- A donation of $250 lets us feed up to 50 youth for a week.
There are young people in our area who live without a working kitchen, without a kitchen at all, or sometimes just without food. When our food pantry gets low, these young people go without! The most useful pantry items:
- Pop-top cans of soup, chili, spaghetti, etc.
- Mr. Noodles
- Kraft Dinner boxes
- Granola/cereal bars
- Individual servings of fruit cups/pudding/applesauce
- Snack foods
Toiletry items are greatly valued! Please refer to our regularly updated list below to determine what’s most needed:
- Regular sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner
- Women’s and Men’s deodorant
Just like at home, the WYC needs stuff just to keep it running smoothly. If you can help provide the items listed below, we can spend more $ on other things like programming!
- Dishwashing liquid
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric Softener sheets
- Spray cleaner for glass and other surfaces
- Paper towel
- Kitchen towels
- Sponges and dish-washing cloths
- Steel wool pads
- Plastic grocery bags
- Small and large zipper lock bags
- Empty plastic containers for packing up leftovers
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic wrap
Many of our student volunteers have gone back home or are busy working to save money for next semester’s tuition. If you would like to be welcomed into a fun community for a few hours a week, please visit our Volunteer page to apply to be a volunteer.